OUR PRACTICE AREAS
Estate and Asset Planning
Our commitment and compassion to our clients’ legal needs drive our success and reputation in the community. We ensure that your personal, financial and business interests are protected, both during your lifetime and after your death.
Robert E. Robbins, J.D., CFP™
Robb Robbins has been practicing law since 1973, representing individual, corporate, and non-profit clients. He is licensed in both Michigan and Illinois, and concentrates his efforts in the areas of general business, real estate, and estate planning.
As a business attorney, Robb frequently counsels clients concerning the appropriate initial choice of business entity for their businesses. He works closely with his clients in order to create and maintain their corporations and limited liability companies. Robb also represents sellers and buyers of operating businesses, in both asset sales and stock purchase transactions.
In his real estate practice, Robb advises clients across a multitude of real estate topics, including the acquisition, sale, and development of residential, commercial, and industrial projects; the creation of condominium developments, as well as the on-going representation of condominium property owners’ associations; the representation of clients before various Planning Commissions, Zoning Boards of Appeal, and municipal boards of governance; and the counseling of clients involved in the leasing and sale of real estate, including those clients engaged in IRC Section 1031 transactions (“like-kind exchanges”).
Robb’s estate and asset planning efforts are designed to assist clients in better understanding the need for, and rationale behind, advanced planning for both lifetime and post-death asset matters. He advises clients as to methods of probate avoidance, estate tax reduction/elimination, Medicaid qualification, asset distribution, and creditor protection. Whether of limited means or wealthy, his clients benefit from Robb’s years of experience in the estate and asset planning field.
- Michigan, 1985 – Present
- Illinois 1973 – Present
- Hope College (B.A. 1970)
- Dickinson School of Law (J.D. 1973)
(Pennsylvania State University)
- Certified Financial Planner™ (2002)
- The Probate and Estate Planning Program (2006) (Institute of Continuing Legal Education/Probate and Estate Planning Section, State Bar of Michigan)
- Danielson v. Lazoski, 209 Mich App 623 (1995)
State Bar of Michigan, Section Memberships:
- Business Law
- Elder Law and Disability Rights
- General Practice
- Law Practice Management
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Real Property Law
- Grand Haven Charter Township Board of Review (2005 – 2017).
- Grand Haven Charter Township Downtown Development Authority (2005 – Present).
- Ottawa County Bar Association (Past President).
- Lake Michigan Estate Planning Council (2006 – Present).
- Past Member, Grand Haven Charter Township Planning Commission.
- Tri-Cities Historical Museum (Past President, Vice President and Treasurer)